Sunday, September 4, 2011

And I'm off!

Wow!

I can't believe I'm already sitting here at DIA waiting for my flight.  I can't believe I've already been at DIA for a good 2 hours now! It's funny how many times I fly through Denver for a connecting flight.  This airport used to be home for me! There is no where to really explore, since I've already explored everything- but it is nice to stretch my legs and walk around.  I'm about to be sitting for ~13 hours total.

Once I get over to London, everything is going to be rushed.  I only have a 2.5 hr layover, then a 3 hour flight to PRG (Prague Airport), customs, 30 min ride to the school and then meet everyone. Since I'm staying in the dorm, it feels like I'm a freshman all over again.  :)  I have tomorrow "off" but I'm going to be doing visa stuff, getting unpacked and meeting everyone. Then we start orientation and trips! Yikes!

My nerves have finally subsided for right now, but I'm sure once I board the plane, I'll get all jittery again. I really have nothing to update/talk about.  I am just trying to pass the time for right now. The most exciting thing to happen so far is I saw a bird in the airport- a bit of a strange place for it!

Time for another walk.  Oh! And Happy Labor Day everyone! :)  

4 comments:

  1. It is 7 a.m. here and you should be in London. :0) Hopefully you were able to sleep some on the plane. Stepping outside this am was a real shocker...it was actually chilly. I think we are done with the scorching temperatures. You are nearly there ~ good luck with the London layover.
    Hugs & Kisses ~ momma ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Scorching temperatures"is a relative term. It's still supposed to be high 80's/low 90's for the next week. You are on your way to Praha! I'm jealous and incredibly happy and excited for you. Make the most of this experience. You'll be talking and referring to it the rest of your life.

    Do good. Don't mess up. I love you.
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday, Labor Day, and as you know Mines is open for business! I'm here at my desk looking out to the front office which used to be your home away from home! Now you will have a NEW home away from home!

    I'm eager to hear more about your trip and especially want to see some photos once you get settled in. In the meantime, I wish you safe travel sweet girl!

    Sending much love and hugs your way~

    Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for actually reading this :)

    Also- Thanks so much for all your thoughts and love! Yall are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete