Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A new territory

It's amazing how colds never go away.  It's been a good 5 days since I've been sick- which is really a damper.  Not to mention, I feel awful coughing the night away with a roommate two feet away from me.  But- I will prevail! :)

Yesterday was the first day of classes. It a nutshell: Czech and Central European History will be a tad bit dry- and full of *identity!* (I swear the teach said it 50 times...); Czech Language for every day use is the same as immersion, same class, same teacher, just more phrases; and Mitteleuropa is going to be interesting! The professor is French and a bit younger.  She really stresses getting to know Prague by going to cafes, pubs and beer gardens. In fact, me and a classmate Sam were talking about going to get a beer after class and asked her where to go.  She told us about this beer garden that was about a 15 min trek to get to, but she was headed in that direction so she would take us most of the way.  The whole way we talked with her, she's a really interesting person! She told us how to order the beer and where to take it- here you can walk around with a beer in hand. We ended up going to the hill that she told us about, it was absolutely beautiful! Goodness! The pictures don't do it justice:

Today I volunteered an hour of my time helping out at a high school nearby.  I went and spoke english with a class of czech students.  I wish we had something like this growing up- it was so helpful for these students to hear it from a native.  Cioa for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment